DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for repairing tooling and perform major maintenance/ rebuilding of existing production tooling as per engineering drawings and production requirements.
- Operate all standard Toolroom machinery including grinding, milling, lathe turning and EDM.
- Knowledge and experience with using all types of measuring tools (Micrometer, Calliper, depth and slip gauges, etc.).
- Able to use Metric & English systems of measurement.
- Undertake any other duties as necessary to fulfil the needs of the job and its objective as and when requested by the Tool Room Manager / Toolroom Coordinator.
- Have the ability to use the overhead crane safely.
- Work on any of the production sites as and when required.
- Assist in the training of apprentices and students as required.
- Have a high enough skill level to complete polishing repair tasks.
- Assist in the continuous improvement ideas for making tooling more reliable.
- Providing training to other employees.
|Qualifications, Experience, Requirements|
- Skilled in mechanical engineering, preferably possessing relevant technical qualification (minimum BTEC Diploma in manufacturing engineering / City & Guilds technical diploma or equivalent) at MQF level 4.
- CNC and CAD/CAM experience would also be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a similar position would definitely be an asset but is not essential, as in-house training will be provided.
- Able to work under own initiative, have the ability to solve day-to-day tooling issues and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Willing to work on a 3-shift basis and overtime as required.
Kindly apply by email on firstname.lastname@example.org